background

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Writer & The Idea


Well if you're wandering around blogs and trip across mine. You may wonder who the writer is... wedding planner, bride-to-be, or just a blogger. Well I am the last one!

Basically the idea of this blog stemmed from my roommate (who is a bride-to-be) and I (one of her bridesmaids) searching the internet endlessly for quality wedding vendors versus popular (also known as overpriced, take advantage of this one-time event). Most couples have their visions, but to find people who can make it happen without high cost and high stress is stress-inducing in and of itself. I uttered these words to her, "I wish there was just a website that was organized in a way that gives people like us real people who are trustworthy and who do good work." I scanned through photographers' and florists' websites that I knew and thought, 'Hey, you could do this!'" So this is the beginning of a project that hopefully will organize the chaos of wedding planning and make it a bit more enjoyable and less stressful.

So enjoy and if you have an suggestions please let me know, especially for different regions of the country or fun ideas you have seen from different websites or weddings or even wisdom of how to enjoy that special day. My experience is limited, but yours and mine combined along with our imaginations are able to make this special day of someone's a little bit more of what it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment